I am looking forward to my first year writing anniversary on 7/17/14! Here’s what I have done so far:
- Wrote, edited, and copy-edited a manuscript that fits the word-count for its genre
- Worked on multiple failed second manuscript projects
- Created a polished query letter and synopsis
- Decided not to create a pseudonym
- Signed up for a national conference in my manuscript’s genre
- Made a list of potential agents and publishers out of that conference attendance list
- Sent my query letter, synopsis, and manuscript to agents, according to their submission criteria.
My first posts in the category “Day 1 – Day 270” will address the decision to attempt to publish traditionally, reject a pseudonym, sign up for the RWA conference I’m attending in July, and attempt to sign on an agent.
In the category “Moving Forward” (found in the column of options to the right of your screen), you will find:
- The current decisions I’m grappling with and how I plan to handle them (if I have a plan at all)
- What past decisions I’ve determined were mistakes and why I think so.
- What past decisions I’ve determined were well handled and why I think so.
Onward we march!